Animals in research
- Animals in Basic Research, Max Planck Society, Germany
- FENS-SfN joint statement on the importance of non-human primates in biomedical research, Federation of European Neuroscience Societies and Society for Neuroscience
- The Need for Non-Human Primates in Biomedical Research, Production and Testing of Products and Devices. Report of The Scientific Committee on Health and Environmental Risks (SCHER).
- Benefits of Primate Research (FBR)
- Animal Experiments in Research, German Reference Centre for Ethics in Life Sciences (DRZE), Bonn
- Understanding Animal Research aims to achieve understanding and acceptance of the need for humane animal research in the UK, by maintaining and building informed public support and a favourable policy climate for animal research.
- Animal Research.Info provides reliable information from scientists worldwide about the contribution of animal research to medical advances.
- The Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC) of the United States Department of Agriculture. The AWIC is mandated by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) to provide information for improved animal care and use in research, testing, teaching, and exhibition. It also provides extensive information information on the care, use, welfare, housing, husbandry, handling, feeding, nutritional requirements, techniques, methodologies, euthanasia, standard operating procedures and links to specific publications related to the use of nonhuman primates used for research purposes. Special information about primates in research is provided here
- Pro-Test Germany
- Pro-Test UK. We aim to dispel the irrational myths promoted by anti-vivisectionists and to encourage people to stand up for science and human progress.
- Speaking of research is a campus-oriented group that seeks to provide university students and faculty with accurate information and resources about the importance of animal research / animal testing in medical science.
- German Primate Center, Göttingen
- NEUROPRIM - Leibniz Graduate School for Primate Neurobiology
in German only
scholars and Teachers
- Discussion Project: "Animal Experiments in Research", Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig
- The Competence Centre of Neuroscience (Schülerlabor Neurowissenschaften in Tübingen) provides unique training opportunities for high school students and their teachers. It offers insight into exiting new developments in integrative neuroscience and, by doing so, helps to promote public understanding of neurosciences and encourages talented young people to consider careers in this vibrating field of research.
Publications from the Department "Physiology of Cognitive Processes"